Monday, November 5, 2012

#13 What Now

Now that the rush of Challenge Day, Stair Climb, and Hallowe'en is over,  I believe it is time to start a long term project. We all got involved in the Grade 12 Leadership to get involved and make a difference. I think we start something that the school can carry on for other years.

Peer to Peer Drug Training:
This is an increasingly alarming problem at IDCI. I think it's time we start actually doing something about it. Lets start our project by having our class of 18 divided into 3 groups of 6 people. Each of those 3 groups will go to a class (preferably 1P) and start 'counselling'.
I still stand by what I said at Independent that we should kick this thing off by having the Statistic Fake-Death thing where we take random pre-determined kids from classes according to statistics (e.g.. 1/30 kids die from snorting crack and then we steal one kid from each class.) (e.g.. or we have an assembly where predetermined kids come up from the audience to the stage and we announce why they left the group on the ground )

A Little Something in the Air... (<-- sorry ahaha thats always on Sims when they talk about garbage)
So the garbage problem in IDCI hallways is getting ridiculous. We should have either more recycling bins or garbage bins put out. We should also have some class do a weekly-garbage-sweep where they clean the hallways or a hallway every week.

Personally:
Personally I would like to see Student Parliament take a larger part in the school as we have been fairly inactive. We all have great plans/ideas so I think I/We should take more leadership in Parliament and 'Step up to the Plate'.

Colour Houses:
With the go-ahead from Chelsea, I would love to see the Colour House idea take off. I think it should be Parliament run with the help of leadership though (Sorry to be segregating parliament from leadership :s). I also think we should wait for Chelsea to come back. But we should move forward with it none the less.

-Thanks Again! Colin Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment